check to have links open new windows

Sunday, November 27, 2005

Hours in the day

When I was a kid, I passed time watching 30 minute sit-coms on television. I spent thousands of hours doing this. I've seen every Leave it to Beaver, Gilligan's Island, Mr. Ed, Munsters, Addams Family, Brady Bunch, you name it, if it was syndicated in the 70's I saw it.

Now it's a little different. I don't have enough time to do all the things I want to do. Right now, I'm trying to learn some new things with Flash, but I don't have the time. Most of the time I am playing catch-up, learning how to do something I said "Yeah, I can do that" about when I was making the pitch.

Did I waste all that time as a kid? Maybe, I don't regret it though, I lived in Phoenix and it wasn't like I was going to go outside and play. And I suppose I learned something from all those old shows, or maybe not.

But even if I could go back and change history, the stuff I need time for now just wasn't there in 1979.

Now that I have a son of my own, would I want him to sit around and watch sit-coms all day?

No, if he were older I'd make him learn flash and come to work.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sure your wife is pleased there are laws protecting that little boy. I know I am glad my husband can't trade our son!

Tue Nov 29, 09:21:00 AM EST  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'd like to have my kid learn HTML and PHP so I can stop scripting this crap and focus on the web server back end. Damn public schools. My kid is five, she should at least know Java by this point, right? I guess knowing how to read more than Dr. Seuss is required...

I do not want to click that box, I will not write that code in fox...pro...

Wed Nov 30, 11:10:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home