check to have links open new windows

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Boy George?


This guy is what, 65? I think "Boy" George is a bit of a misnomer at this point. We ought to call him Oldie-but-still-weirdie George. Or perhaps Sneezy O'drughabit George?

The Daily Mail (where the news thats not fit to print can be found) headline reads:

Boy George faces battle to save career

Boy George has flown back to Britain after being charged with possessing cocaine in the United States.

What career? Culture club had 2 songs. Sure they probably made more, but I only know of 2, and if you can name more than that, you're probably weird.

Human rights lawyer Mark Stephens said: "Boy George is innocent until proved guilty but if he's found guilty it could have major implications for him to be allowed into the US. He would effectively be excluded.

His lawyer calls him Boy George? The guy is 44, but with all the clean living, he looks like hes 70. Can we please at least call him Man-George?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sure, his career's dead, but it doesn't have to be.

Hell, Styx and REO Speedwagon are on a joint tour lately. Why not him?

He had a buncha songs. About 5 I can think of. Church of the poisened mind was good. Some others too.

He sang well, looked weird, shook some shit up. Seems the world needed a foil like that.

Later, Poisen would doll-up as much and get pussy galore and accolades for it.

The rule is: You can't really make fun of anyone who's getting more pussy than you. Unfortunately for BG, the rule couldn't be said for him.

Gayness is and will always - actually let me make a universe-shaking prediction: ALWAYS be a stigma.

Don't care how you sing, fight, drive, dive, jump, run, train dangerous animals... ALWAYS.

"Not that there's anything wrong with that..." -- Seinfeld.

Me? I'm not gay yet, but I'm working on it. I'm sure I can be with more perserverance, but just can't get to the point of wanting man-love. Gimme time though. I'm sure I can accomplish anything.

I have an idea for a t-shirt. Hate to share it here, but it's going to say in big bold letters at the top:

SOME OF MY BEST FRIENDS ARE:

(and below that, a block of condenced text that goes)
kikes, fags, niggers, wops, dykes, pikeys, celts, limeys, japs, slopes, jerrys, gooks, towel-heads, ...


Etc...

Should illicit some interresting discussion, that t-shirt would.

Right up there with "Let me ruin your day."

Oh well. ;)

Mon Oct 10, 06:29:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

I once met a guy who with a straight face introduced himself as Cool-Kat in a professional scenario. He was a phone guy (and a really bad on at that) who was at least 40. What is it with these freaks? Ok, we get that Boy George was your stage name during your androgenous phase where you could have been mistaken for a really ugly woman. But now George, we need no indicators of your gender attached to you moniker. Grow up nitwit.

P.S. I can only think of 2 "Karma Chameleon" and "Do You Really Want To Hurt me?". If you call that a career, you have delusions of grandeur Georgy boy.

Mon Oct 10, 03:21:00 PM EDT  
Blogger JC said...

EK, the comic ROCKS!

Tue Oct 11, 01:19:00 AM EDT  
Blogger JC said...

oh yeah, and I stand by my statement, If you can name more than 2 culture club songs, you're weird.

Tue Oct 11, 02:52:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home