check to have links open new windows

Monday, October 23, 2006

Dream memories

Now for something not very news-related. Dreams. I know nobody wants to hear my boring dreams so I'm not going to go into them, but there's one thing...

Sometimes in dreams I remember things that didn't happen. But I remember them as if my dream self really experienced them. The other day, I was dreaming that I was talking with a friend about a nice trip we had to the Azores, and I remembered every detail of the trip, the fact that we had to speak French most of the time, The white-haired waiter at the cafe, everything.

Here's the deal, I have never been to the Azores, and I don't know if they have cafes there or if they speak French. But when I woke up, it took some serious concentration to decide that I'd never really been to that place I remembered so vividly.

I want you to tell me if this kind of thing happens to you. This means you too, lurkers. I know you're out there, I watch my traffic reports babe.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Happens to me all the time. I have more than once been in a conversation with my wife and brought up something we "did" together only to realize later, after I've tried to convince her we really did that thing, that it was entirely a dream.

Thu Oct 26, 10:29:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home