check to have links open new windows

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

October 21

October 21 is the earliest date that airstrikes in Iran can begin. The recently overhauled USS Eisenhower left port last week with its supporting ships for the region. Ostensibly the Eisenhower's mission is to replace the Enterprise, with the Enterprise scheduled to come home in November.

If there's going to be a war with Iran, it can't start before Oct 21.
And if the elections go to the Democrats, they won't be able to start one at all.
That leaves them a window of about 2 weeks to get it started.

I suspect we'll have some kind of "provocation" from Iran toward the end of October that gives our government the pretext for a bombing campaign.

Let's be clear here, Iran is not a threat to us. If they were, you'd be worrying about what an attack on Iran would mean to you. You're not. It won't mean shit to you. They can't send bombs here. The worst they can do is send some to Israel.

I'm not saying it's definitely going to happen, but it looks like it might. All the signs point to a fight with Iran, but I was hoping they'd put it off till next year.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Geeez! If DP can guide you into posting, can't I? How bout some celebrity news? You haven't done that in a while. Just this b-o-r-i-n-g stuff.

Wed Oct 11, 03:48:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hate to have to agree with you on this one mi amigo. But you are right, with the congress (hopefully) swinging Dem this election they are time limited on any unwarranted military actions. Let's not forget how jumpy the Pres. is over the fact we can't bomb North Korea to shit because you know China will back Korea and that would turn into some serious shit. At least with Iran he wouldn't be creating new enemies, just pissing off old ones. And maybe starting WWIII...

Wed Oct 11, 04:51:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gawd, how do you two get into all of this boring crap?

Yeah, I know it is world events and I should care. To an extent, I do. However just like the celebrities I follow, I can't do a thing about anything so I might as well follow something that will not scare the bejeezus out of me. Celebs don't behave the way I wish they would nor will the pres. Votes are not counted either way. And, I'd rather be entertained than paranoid any more than I have to be.

Thu Oct 12, 02:14:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home