check to have links open new windows

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Proud to be an American!

America is a country founded on the rights of the citizen, not the rights of government. Our constitition was unlike any other law book in history. Look at the ten commandments- things "thou shall not" do...

Look at the bill of rights- things the state shall not do. Really makes me proud. We are a nation of laws, we believe in the rule of law, and our highest law is our constitution. Gosh I'm proud of that.

In America, if you're accused of a crime you have the right to confront your accusers in open court and see the evidence against you.
-- 6th amendment

In America, we don't torture confessions out of people, nor do we torture or mistreat prisoners of war.
-- 8th amendment, Geneva Convention,
Detainee Treatment Act of 2005

In America, we don't disappear people into secret prisons.
--6th, 14th amendments

In America, the police can't search your home or listen to your phone calls without a warrant issued by a judge-
-- 4th amendment,
Omnibus Crime Control and Safe Streets Act of 1968
Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act of 1978

Oh.


Well, I guess I'll just have to be proud because...

I don't know, if I can't have truth, justice, and the American Way, I guess cable TV is cool. Yeah. I'm proud of cable tv. And pop music. Oh, and microwave ovens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home