check to have links open new windows

Friday, October 21, 2005

Oh no you don't

Michael J. Clarkson, Jr:
For the record, in case anyone asks we actually live in a Republic, not a Democracy...(laughing while running away from the hail of bullets from the Democrats...oh wait, Democrats support gun control (which to me means using both hands) *LOL*.)
Hold on a minute, I grew up in the west, and while some of the coastal Democrats may be in favor of "gun control" (and seeing how poorly people shoot out there, I dont blame them) but you know as well as I do that nobody and I mean NOBODY between the Missisippi and the Colorado rivers wants to take away your guns.

Thats just another canard floated by Rush, hereafter known as Fatman, and Hannity, who we will call the Boy Blunder.

Even the east-coast Democrats are really just interested in being able to excercise their right to pass local and state laws that regulate the ownership of firearms, and in heavily populated cities, keeping track of gun ownership is actually not such a bad idea.

I heard that crap on the radio my whole life, and I'll tell you, I don't know a single (male) Democrat that doesnt love his guns.

During the last election season, I had a church lady (one of my clients) tell me that if I voted for Kerry, not only would gay marriage be legal (she seemed to think that meant it was mandatory) but Kerry would personally come and take my guns away. When I asked where she got her info from, she hemmed and hawed but it came down to her church.

And for you wackos out there who think it's going to protect you from the government, are you kidding? Do you have a tank? Saddam had thousands of tanks, do you think your piddly little machine-gun is going to protect you? Granted, there was a time when a militia was essential to the maintainance of a free state. That time is long since past. Unless you have a bomb, you aren't even going to get the attention of the US government. (and I am firmly in favor of bomb control)

Which brings me to another question. Why is the right wing even able to exist? Think about it.
Who does the right wing represent?

In order of power:
1 The Business Lobby
2 Fundamentalist Christians
3 The NRA (lots of crossover with groups 1 and 2)
4 Misguided fools who believe they are still members of the party of Goldwater.

Why does anybody who takes Christianity seriously even remotely interested in owning an automatic firearm? Or even a pistol for that matter. I don't know anybody who needs a 13 round clip to hunt deer (maybe on the east coast, we discussed how bad their aim is) and although I know people who think its cool to hunt bear with a pistol, they're stupid. My point is, that most firearms are actually designed to kill people. A sidearm or an automatic rifle have no other real value, and I don't think that hot lead is the best way to love your enemy, or turn the other cheek, but maybe I just misundertsood the entire New Testament.

But the real problem, as I see it (no it isn't that I can't seem to shut up) is the unholy alliance between the business lobby and the fundamentalist christians. Their interests are just too far apart. Business is by far the more powerful group, and it's interests would seem to be in stark opposition to "christian values."

Maybe that's why you get such wierd hybrid ideas, like "we have to destroy the planet faster so Jesus will come," or "We have to push Israel into war with the arab states so Jesus will come" Or just about anything that is good for business and can b e paired up with "so Jesus will come."

I could go on, you know I could, but I've got to go pick up the NY times (you know the "left-wing" rag that just found out one of it's reporters was a Republican operative?)
Whatever, Its still the BEST newspaper in the country, but like any paper, you have to take everything you read with a grain of salt. (a lot less salt however than is needed with tv or radio news.)

OK, wife and child are leaving the building , have to go.

2 Comments:

Blogger DBK said...

You got it right. I'm NJ born and bred and I support gun rights, but I do want some regulation because there are a lot of nasty people out there shooting people. Some sort of control is worthwhile, but I don't want to take away anyone's guns.

And I'm a damn liberal. And I shoot just fine, thank you.

Mon Oct 24, 01:33:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

Gotta love how fast parroting Fatman and Boy Blunder will get JC's goat. *ROFLMAO*

OK, for the record, I support stricter gun laws myself. I see no real reason for anyone to own an M-16, M-60, or Garrett .50 Calibur or any other military grade weapons. My grandfather purchased me a life NRA membership which I canceled. I am not scared of any Democrat kicking in my door to take my 9mm or my 45. I, like most Democrats, believe we have the right to bear arms but that does not mean everyone should be allowed to own a gun that could pierce a tank. Hunting rifles and basic home defense weapons are cool. M-16's and grenade launchers, not cool.

As for the unholy alliance of fundamentalist Christians and Business, they are all run by the same people. See my "So much to rant about, so little time" post for a little more info on that.

Now go take your grain of salt...and possibly a breath...*LOL*

Tue Oct 25, 12:09:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home