check to have links open new windows

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Lipogram

Thanks to D.P. for da lowdown on lipograms, I thought I'd try it. It's hard, but worth trying.

Saddam is going on trial, facing his own annihilation at last. I actually had pity for him, just for a bit. His solicitors say it's not fair. It probably isn't. A month of Sundays in kangaroo court, and on to gallows. Or IV?

I think most of us would want his trial to occur in a usual locality, but Dutch courts sound much too busy nowadays, and wouldn't kill him anyway.

But on TV, rich and famous still distract us from our anguish, our complications simplify, lit from on high by radiant floodlights of pop nobility. No kings for us, no gods, only idols, skinny, stupid, and rich.

2 Comments:

Blogger JC said...

Yes, I know this post is lame, but you try to write something without using the letter E. Go ahead, try. Right here, right now.

Go on, reply.

NO E!

Tue Oct 18, 11:05:00 PM EDT  
Blogger JC said...

Oh yeah,

If any of you can convey the idea that it would have been better to have shot Saddam in his spider hole than to have a trial- (e-less of course) show me.

I tried so hard to spit that out, I don't think it can be done.

Tue Oct 18, 11:09:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home