check to have links open new windows

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Apple Computers Become Less Lame

Apple announced today that it's lame computers will have a new mouse, one with multiple buttons and a scroll wheel. I would like to welcome all you apple users into the real world! I have to use an apple at work, it has one button, it makes me feel retarded. I can do less than half the things I do with my mouse at home. I doubt if any of our readers are apple fans, if you are, just trust me, drop it off at the dumpster and get yourself a grown-up computer. An apple is basically an overpriced cd player. Get yourself (or better yet, build) a nice intel-based machine, and if you still need to be a rebel, you can install linux. (Don't forget: Gnu's Not Unix!)

Yes I know you think you have to use one for graphic design. YOU DON'T. The intel machines are every bit as fast as the suped up motorolas you are running on, and you don't have to overcome a childish toy-like operating system to use them.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You and your mainstream, wintel, don't understand computers mentality are just wrong. Wintel machines are a poor mans mac. face it. You just don't know what you're talking about, and you totally dismiss an entire way of looking at computing (a better way) just because you're too dumb to figure out a one-button mouse. Maybe you should try to learn something about what you write about next time.

Wed Aug 03, 12:59:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steve Jobs didn't ever do enything of note. The other guy... Wy something? whatever, a couple of dorks selling toys to pretentious artsy-types. Now Apple is using intel processors, intel mice, intel software, so what makes them so great?

Wed Aug 03, 09:37:00 PM EDT  
Blogger JC said...

Mac man, you really need to take it easy. You spent (wasted) a lot of money and energy learning the lame, toy-like mac system, with the one button, I understand you're attached, heavily invested... but let it go! Macs are just pretty DVD players. Oh yeah, Nobody outside of the toy-computer (mac) world uses the term "wintel"

You want to upgrade to a Commodore 64?

Thu Aug 04, 12:24:00 AM EDT  
Blogger JC said...

and another thing- This blog looks bad on my mac at work. the stuff on the right side is moved all the way to the bottom. Is there no end to apple's suckitude?

Please let me know if anyone else is experiencing this problem, it's probably just an old browser.

Thu Aug 04, 12:39:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ok...let the holy wars cool down...

OS X Kicks ass. OS 9 and earlier sucks ass. I use my 2 button Logitec on my Mac and have for years.

For Reference I am a Microsoft and CompTIA Linux + certified Sys Admin. My server uses Slack 10, my Lusers use XP and I use OS X with Firefox as my browser. Trick Macs out with some Open Source Goodies and it becomes as fun as KDE.

And for the record, Linux on PPC versus Linux on Intel, the PPC processors blow Intel crap right out of the water...except on Solitare...

Thu Aug 25, 02:39:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home