check to have links open new windows

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

In case you haven't heard...

I now live in beautiful Corpus Christi Texas. This is just about the only place in Texas that I'd be caught living, its the least Texassy of all the parts of Texas. The people here are not, as a rule, overfed beer guzzling hilljacks with burnt-out cars on their front lawn. (See Bowie, TX- Pronounced boo-whee, Its in Montague County- pronounced Mawn-tagg)

That said, I do have a few complaints about Texas.

1. Jesus wasn't a republican.
2. There are no sex shops.
3. Texas is a state, like Michigan. It's stupid to tattoo a state on your arm. If you're that proud of being from Texas, you should go live somewhere else for a while and see if it's really something to be proud of.
4. Freeways are for driving, when you're getting on the freeway, don't stop because you're scared. If you're that scared, stay home, you blue-haired old bat.

Ok, I got that off my chest. On a positive note, the beaches are gorgeous, the natives are friendly, if a little mixed up, and I don't think it ever gets cold in Corpus Christi.

4 Comments:

Blogger Marty said...

Welcome to Texas! If you think the beaches are gorgeous now, you should have seen them 35 years ago. There is no comparison.

Tue May 09, 11:41:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Fred said...

In Corpus drivers stop on the frontage roads to allow drivers off the highways. In Houston and in most other cities you are asking for accident if you even attempt to try this. I always found that to be a bit odd...

Wed May 10, 12:45:00 AM EDT  
Blogger JC said...

Yes, the stopping on the frontage road freaks me out too, I really don't know how to handle that. I just try not to let my little kia get smashed.

At least Corpus doesn't have the two-way traffic on the frontage road thing. That's terrifying.

Wed May 10, 02:18:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

I just wish they would make all of the lane assignments the same at all of the frontage intersections. What is a left turn/straight at one intersection is a left only at the next.

After I got back from Phoenix I had gotten used to people who understand the merging concept and almost slammed into the first jackass to stop on the frontage road.

And no, it almost never gets cold here, with the rare exception like Christmas '04 when it snowed.

Tue May 16, 12:23:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home