check to have links open new windows

Sunday, May 07, 2006

The future of Iran

Heres what I see happening. Over the summer, Iran will become more of a crisis, then in September / October, the Republicans will start pushing for a resolution to use force in the congress. It's a mid-term election year, just like 2002, when the last such resolution was passed. In 2002, the Democrats bent under the pressure of facing an election after looking "weak" on Iraq. The Republicans still found a way to paint the entire Democratic party as weak, and won huge gains in 2002.

I don't think the lesson is lost on them. Iran is clearly on the target list, and my prediction is a "use of force" resolution in September 2006. Specifically, September 12, 2006.

Because war wins elections.

Should we have a pool?

Somebody tell me I'm wrong.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blah, blah, blah.

Let's talk about something more serious, more 'in the now', more influential.

When do you think Angelina is gonna have that baby?

Sun May 07, 02:13:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Repugs won't be able to pull it off this time. You may be right that theyll try but I don't think the dems are going to get fooled again

Sun May 07, 06:20:00 PM EDT  
Blogger JC said...

Angelina will give birth a week from tuesday.

Sun May 07, 10:00:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

You are wrong. Damnit...can't say that and keep a straight face...I can't see this ending until Americans revolt. I may have just passed the draft age but my kid brother just turned draft age. We are wasting our best and brightest on wars that have no end. Hell, we still have troops posted in Bosnia from the round of fighting up there almost 10 years ago.

Tue May 16, 12:19:00 PM EDT  
Blogger JC said...

Here it is the end of October, and still no war. Maybe it won't happen, and like every other prediction I have ever made, this one will be wrong.

I may havve found a way to influence events. Predict things I don't want to happen, and the universe stops them happening just to prove me wrong!

Hmm. I predict that by the end of 2007, I will have less or about the same income I have today.

Take that.

Fri Oct 27, 01:09:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home