check to have links open new windows

Monday, February 20, 2006

Rose of Mohammed

I have been wondering since our guest columnist brought it up, what are they having for breakfast? I mean the guy who makes danishes is probably not Danish, he's probably a good Muslim, and may have had his shop smashed up and his pastries stomped on. What will become of him? In Iran at least, he's represented by the confectioners union:

"Given the insults by Danish newspapers against the prophet, as of now the name of Danish pastries will give way to 'Rose of Mohammed' pastries," the union said in its order.

And I'm sure the Danes care. I mean, the boycott, the burning embassies, the police "losing control" of the crowds, the murders, those were understandable, but renaming the Danish? I'm sure Danes everywhere are weeping this evening.

Ever notice how its always the same people? I remember living in Albuquerque when the whole "Freedom Fries" business happened. The neighborhood I lived in was a very conservative outpost in albuquerque's east side. This was a neighborhood where a friend of mine had her apartment window broken because she had displayed an anti-war poster in it.

There was one restaraunt, a burger joint with extra grease that I used to visit right by my house, and they were the only place I ever saw that changed the name of their french fries to freedom fries.

They tasted the same.

And there were no french people (and only one Democrat) eating there anyway.

Its these same gomers, everywhere you go, they have to hate everyone who isn't "American" or "Muslim" or "Tutsi" or "Serbian."

The rest of us really need to stand up to them, and order french fries and a danish.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home