check to have links open new windows

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Olympics

The olympics is sport for the pencil-necked geeks of the world.

People who wouldn't be caught dead at a basketball game find themselves actually cheering for a curler?

The olympics are totally ignored by the regular-guy joe-six-pack crowd that normally flock to sporting events.

Why?

Is it marketing or does figure skating actually appeal to the same people who drink microbrew beer?

Does anybody know a bookmaker that'll take bets on olympic sports?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know a giant Jackass. His name is JC.

I don't like microbrew. In fact, beer is so NOT my thing.

And just because I got mad programming skills, as I proved today, it does not mean that I am a geek.

Or have a pencil neck.

I am like a swan.

Tue Feb 14, 08:44:00 PM EST  
Blogger JC said...

how many kinds of figure skating are there? If I have to see another triple - lutz I'm giving up.

I have not yet seen a single ski jump event.

This is all I ever want to see in winter olympics. Someone with more testosterone than brains flying off a cliff on skis!

That and the biathalon.

oh yeah, the half pipe- that gets me totaly stoked dude.

Sat Feb 18, 02:27:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home